Monday, September 12, 2016

HairFood Co. in Iloilo City!


I got my first chemical treatment for the hair when I was 16 years old. I was exposed to beauty pageants around that time so part of my preparation was to get my hair easy to manage always. I would get calls for meetings and on-the-spot appearances on events making that decision to be viable; it would save time and money because I need not get my hair done by my makeup artist. I already know how to apply makeup on myself but I was not (still not) on point with doing my hair. 

My hair wasn’t necessarily curly but it was wavy and frizzy before the first chemical treatment. My first chemical treatment for the hair was having it “relaxed”; it was the time when hair rebonding was non-existent. I remember having hair cellophane that had colors; and when rebonding was introduced to the market, I dived into it myself.  I would have a yearly hair rebond since then. Once you start, you can’t stop ‘ey?

However, as I aged, I realized that I should do something about it because too much chemical on the hair is making it ‘double dead’. Hair is made up of dead cells, ya know? One day I said to myself: “it’s either you stop having these chemical treatments or do something not to aggravate its condition, Geline”. Of course, I had to go for Option #2. Haha! :)

Lo and behold, HairFood Co. opened in Iloilo City last September 3! 



hairfoodco iloilo


A little background about HairFood Co. (taken from their website):
HairFood Co is in a mission to get the best quality natural active ingredients from around the world to nourish the hair from scalp to tip into as many hands as possible. By formulating sulfate-free, phthalates-free, colourants-free haircare products, HairFood Co. is becoming one of the growing haircare brands." 

I got sold by the word "natural". I finally had high hopes for my hair's redemption! 

HairFood Co. is located at the lower ground floor of SM City Iloilo; surrounded by Posh Nails, GNC and Beauche International. 


hairfood co iloilo
Taken from their Facebook page



hairfood co iloilo



hairfood co iloilo



hairfood co iloilo




Their Crown & Glory Hair Reborn and Booster (Left in the above photo) combo is said to be one of their Best Sellers.  It offers a solution to hair loss by cell renewal and regeneration of hair follicles. Based on stem cell research and you can see visible result within 84 days. Black Back Duo (Right in the photo above) is a shampoo and conditioner combo. This combo promises to end the hair greying days. Its 3 Power ingredients include Moringa (Malunggay), Emu oil and Tea Pods. 


hairfoodco iloilo

Product above in the photo are hair styling pomade for Men called "Good Times". They are professional grade, lasts all day, oil-based and have scents for the modern man. I took a sniff and they were oh sooooooo sexy! *wink* 
Next in line is the Awesome Volume Conditioner and the first thing that I liked about it, even prior to using, was its scent. Vanilla-ish--- so yummy that it's making me hungry. No, not really. Haha! :) This is for flat, limp, and lifeless hair. It has Rice proteins and is rich in Avocado. Promises an increase of hair volume after 4 washes with this. HairFood Co. founder, Mr. Ralph Layco, was awesome enough to suggest this product to me. I kind of need it, ya know. *wink* I have to commend Sir Ralph for being approachable, nice and patient enough to answer all my gazillion questions. :) 


hairfood co iloilo


hairfood co iloilo
Testimonials of some users





Aside from hair products, HairFood Co also carries Miracle Oils. Sunflower oil is a high-grade, light and non-greasy 100% sunflower oil from Italy. This miracle oil treats acne, makes your skin glow, helps ease dull and itchy scalp etc. Rosehip oil is an amazing scar remover; it has skin and hair rejuvenating properties. Argan oil is from Morocco which is the best solution for split ends, damaged, brittle and frizzy hair. It's also a potent solution to help regrow hair. 

Lastly, who doesn't love discounts?? Come and join HairFood Co.'s Healthy Hair Club for great discounts and freebies.






To sum it up, I'm happy that #healthyhairdays are coming to Iloilo now. The hair being our "crowning glory", it deserves some TLC, too. HairFood Co not only offers brilliant, all-natural products for the hair; but also for the skin. Being a daily makeup user myself, I am an advocate of a thorough skin care. No amount of makeup can cover a bad skin. Trust me. 

Reviews of HairFood Co. products that I've used will be up on my blog soon.


For more info about HairFood Co. you may visit their website or their Facebook page. You can also purchase their products at Lazada Philippines.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...