Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Discard Your Prejudices On Thrift Shopping

Credit: Google


Before I had my very first thrift shopping experience, I thought that it was ridiculous to even do it! My speculation was it's for those who can't afford buying decent items in 'normal' stores--- yeah! The regal Leo woman. Try to Google the characteristics of people born under the astrology sign of Leo so you'll understand. Haha! :) Anyway, we're not rich (yet, Law of Attraction people) but we can somehow afford stuff to live comfortably for the most part, so thrift shopping did not really appeal to me at first. However, I got aunts and friends who thrift shop and they always get superb items and brands that I only know of ( well, dream about) but couldn't really get my hands on!

In a certain amount of time, I decided to join the bandwagon.

My first experience with thrift shopping wasn't awesome as I would have wanted it to be because the place was kind of nasty; but then again, stereotyping is not nice. With years of thrift shopping experience already, I can say that there are also stores that are pleasant. Explore your neighborhood. I'm sure that you'll find a place or two that you'll like.

And that musky, thrift clothes smell? Do not spend much time in a thrift store if you have an allergic reaction to smells or you just can't stand it. I suggest going to the shop well-armed; have a list of what you want to buy and immediately go to that section once you arrive. Also, it's a great way to save time if you're one of those busy bees. 

Further more, thrift shopping is for EVERYONE! Normally, it's for people who can't afford much and for those who are in a tight budget (I got hooked with thrift shopping especially after becoming a mom, you know.. we got milk and diapers to prioritize) but hey, even the rich (at least here in the Philippines) are also venturing into this astonishing world! There are Filipino celebrities that buy clothes from thrift stores; one of which is Chynna Ortaleza and she revealed in one of her interviews that she and some of her celebrity friends turn to thrift stores whenever they have roles in TV shows or movies that require them to look classy and sosyal . According to her, they buy their furs and unique jackets, blazers, dresses at thrift shops.

I personally gave up my prejudices of thrift shopping because the benefits I got outweighed the fails. I can now have "new", at least on my closet, and several branded clothes with my 200php as opposed to buying brand new in 'normal' shops.  


Do you thrift shop? 
What were your prejudices before starting to thrift shop?  
Let me know at the comments section below!
Thanks for sharing this post! :-) 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...