Thursday, February 7, 2013

KIMspiration: Never compare!


I was guilty of comparing myself. I used to compare myself to other people, especially to those that I look up to. I was like, "she has this, she has that, she went to this place, she's like this" bla bla bla. It was horrible!!!

It created an inferiority complex ,and believe me, it's one of the worse feelings in the whole world! It pushed me to brag about things that I have or accomplished, just so to cover up that envy feeling that I have. It was like showing off that I'm one of the best (if not the best).

Yes, it made me feel a bit better.

But not for long...

That gave some people an impression that I was a show-off, boastful and conceited.

Which I really WAS.

However, I guess when we age, comes maturity as well. I realized that the solution to that abhorrent emotion was not showing-off, rather, NOT TO COMPARE.

Simple.

It took a while for me to genuinely accept and practice this. It wasn't easy. There would be times that the "comparing-me" would sip through. I immediately stop and remind myself, that instead of comparing and seeing things that I don't have, I should just COUNT MY BLESSINGS.

I definitely don't have everything and I probably won't, but I can never deny that I'm blessed by God. He blessed me with a beautiful, wonderful and supportive family; I was able to study things that I'm interested at, I have jobs that I love, and somehow, I made people happy in my own little ways.

I became aware that we all have our own blessings and battles in life. Mine may not be the same as yours, vice-versa. The bottom line is, recognize your blessings, be thankful and be happy for other's good fortune.

If there's something that you really want to achieve, by all means, try your hardest to get it (in a good way, that is). I'm not saying that it's bad to dream nor to want what other people have; just don't get too caught up with it that you're already hurting other people, and worse, yourself.

Without you even realizing it.

Anyway, I still get proud especially if it's about my daughter's achievement or milestone. I don't know of any parent who isn't like this. LOL

But whenever I do tell people about it, it's due to happiness.

I am now happier, appreciative and grateful than I ever was!

It's amazinggggggggggggggg!!! =))))

I've learned my lesson well. *wink*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...